Friday, January 1, 2010

Neutrogena Deep Clean Pimples

annual accounts

Let me get rid of some words and some numbers from last year. I finally traded live since late June that is lifted out well for me as a big highlight. Not only that, it has even acted fully automatic and that year ended in positive territory. It finally managed to have and many hurdles in the form of software systems, brokers, markets, ... to have left behind for me is great. For the step from paper to the Live Trading was not easy.

There were years full of research, evaluation, full of reading articles, books, research
on the Internet, exchange of successful and unsuccessful trading, musings on the head, whether it could ever work ... to agree to Year stalemate ... but ultimately it worked and I am very glad to have made about this step.

The bankruptcy of my account has been spared me through this long learning curve, finally, with the discretionary with purely Trading would have been quite possible, for the moment is for me the fully-automated trading the Alpha and the Omega , discretionary I'm (still) not profitable ... what the figures show also ...

I started in 2009 with $ 10,000 in the trading account. When it was released I had course test whether the all too is real :-) and have first the account down to $ $ 7.800 traded down. Then, fortunately, the strategies came into play that have earned me an amount higher than $ 5.500. so I could finish the year with a total performance of +26%.

A total of 234 trades executed fully automatically, of which perhaps 85% were sold with no problem. were either in the remaining technical problems on the part of the data provider, or software or There were programming errors. This rate is the end of the year increased significantly, so that I calmed go into the new year, I Now the software, as well as better understand my code :-) ....

About 100 trades were in the black, the rest negative. Looking at the strategies, then the lower frame, than how it has predicted the baking test. But it is under ...

2009 I have written with NinjaTrader 5 different statistical analysis of which strategies are
consume more. 10 custom indicators, which partly overlap with the evaluations, I have launched and tested about 20 strategies for heart and kidney ... more time my part-time, unfortunately (or maybe it was better that way) not given her.

What I learned during the time that I would not hide from you. It again to write down, should remember also in 2010 in it and make me more thoughtful, if any of these occurs:
  • errors can and will always occur, no matter how well the code, how reliable the data feed or the software.
  • follows from point 1 ... let your trades unattended. The strategies are fully automated, which may be days or weeks not reviewed and does not observe it.
  • follows from point 2 ... Markets change, sometimes very quickly, therefore need parameters or even complete strategies are always adapted to the conditions.
  • is to trade discretionary (still) not for me. This may be due to
    • inexperience
    • Poor market analysis
    • greed, hope and fear

  • Without the community on the web, the support of the broker or feed supplier can such a project (yes, now it is just that work for me). Thanks to all who have helped me in this regard.
So, that was my stock in 2009. I hope we see us all again next year.

Until then, all Good
darth trader

0 comments:

Post a Comment